FlexCareers welcome new employer partner Xero to bring great opportunities to job seekers in Australia and New Zealand.
Who is Xero?
Xero was founded in New Zealand in 2006, and is one of the fastest-growing software as a service (SaaS) companies globally. Xero was created to change the game for small business, with their cloud-based accounting software connecting people with the right numbers anytime, anywhere, on any device.
We’re proud to be helping more than 1.4 million subscribers worldwide transform the way they do business. And we’re just getting started.
Why work at Xero?
Xero takes pride in their progressive flexibility and diversity policies, and all employees are eligible for great benefits.
Diversity and inclusion at Xero
Xero are members of Rainbow Tick New Zealand, a quality improvement cycle designed to make an organisation a safe, welcoming and inclusive place for people of diverse gender identity and sexual orientation.
In Australia, they are members of Pride in Diversity, which is Australia’s first and only national not-for-profit employer support program for LGBTI workplace inclusion specialising in HR, organisational change and workplace diversity.
Xero was also awarded a Highly Commended in the Work Life Balance category of the 2018 Diversity Works NZ Awards for their flexibility policies. You can read more on their great flexibility policies below.
High-tech HQs and offices
Xero’s new office in Auckland. Source: Idealog
Xero will be opening a new office in Auckland in November, which is being hailed as “one of the most innovative offices in Aotearoa”. Some of the on-site perks include barista coffee, gym, well-being spaces, and free fruit. Other office locations include an HQ in Wellington (recently opened) and Hawkes Bay.
It’s not just Kiwi Xeros that get slick offices. Xero have a head office in Melbourne, as well as offices in Sydney, Perth, Canberra, and Brisbane. On-site perks across their Australian offices include central CBD locations, yoga, food truck visits, and event spaces.
More of their employee benefits include:
- Enhanced leave, parental leave, and well-being leave
- Xero shares
- Health and wellbeing programs
- One paid day a year to volunteer for charity
- Training and development opportunities
Flexibility at Xero
Xero supports flexible working and will consider candidates looking to work both full-time and part-time. They encourage activities and projects outside of work, and offer a variety of flexible options for people to also thrive outside of Xero.
Some of the flexibility policies that Xero have introduced are:
- Children in the Workplace – this allows parents to bring their children to work if needed
- Activity Based Working (ABW) – this allows individual teams to organise areas within the office to fit in with how they want to work, instead of giving each employee a desk in a fixed layout
- Xero Snooze – this allows employees within the Customer Experience department to start 30 minutes either side of their start time, and finish either earlier or later at the end of the day.
- Xero Bounce – this lets employees in the same department who wake up feeling unwell take a few hours extra rest to see if that will fix the issue
Interested in working at Xero? Check out their open roles here (New Zealand) and here (Australia).